During DSA component installation, user accounts, initialization scripts, and environmental variables are created. You can verify proper installation by checking for these items.
- Verify that the ClientHandler web service is running on all media servers: /etc/init.d/clienthandler status
- Verify installation: rpm -q DSC ClientHandler BARCmdline This command returns a list of installed packages.
Verify that the DSCUSER was created with the proper uid.
id -u dscuser
The response is positive and returns the uid configured during install.
- Log off and log back in to the DSC to set the Linux environment variables.
Run list_jobs to verify components.
This command returns the following on a new installation:
no job is found
- On the Viewpoint server, verify the BAR portlets: rpm -qa |grep barportlets
Validate that the tdbackex scheduler script was installed correctly and linked to the NetBackup file system.
tdbackex is installed as part of the BARCmdline package. The output from the run_job command executed by the tdbackex script is contained in a log file, /tmp/dsa_tdbackex.log.
- If NetBackup was configured on the TMSB server after the command line was installed, create a symbolic link as follows: ln -s $BARCMDLINE_ROOT/config/tdbackex /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/tdbackex