Use these instructions to enable or add an additional DSC. If you have a DSC and are upgrading or adding another DSC, use this procedure before upgrading.
- Open the BAR Setup portlet.
- Click next to DSC Servers.
Under General System Details, enter
the broker information:
Option Description Broker IP/Host Hostname or IP address of the machine running the ActiveMQ broker (where tdactivemq is installed), usually the DSC server. Broker Port Port number on the server where the ActiveMQ broker is listening (61616 for tcp, 61617 for ssl). Default: 61616 Broker Connectivity Type of ActiveMQ connection (tcp or ssl). If tcp is chosen, the ActiveMQ connection is validated during install. If ssl is chosen, the ActiveMQ (jms ssl) password should match the DSA REST API https password. Default: tcp
- Select Enable DSC server.
Select the DSC Server.
task_steptroubleshooting:If the DSC names are not populated in the menu, check the following:
- Click Discover Servers.
- Select the DSC Server Name from the drop-down.
- Verify that the Broker IP/Host is correct.
- Make sure ActiveMQ is running:
Enter the Server Settings and BAR Logging settings:
Option Description DSC Repository Warning Thresholds Maximum amount of data to store in your DSC repository. A repository size below 85% of the threshold is normal for BAR operations. After 85% of the size threshold is met, warning messages are generated. After 95% of the size threshold is met, all BAR jobs that create more data on the repository receive an error message and do not run. At that point, the repository database perm space needs to be increased or jobs have to be deleted in order to continue using DSA.After increasing perm space, restart the DSC service so that the change takes effect immediately. Security Management Require Teradata Viewpoint authentication on the DSA command-line interface. If checked, a user submitting certain commands from the command-line interface must enter a valid Teradata Viewpoint user name and password. BAR Logging Level of BAR log information to display for the Data Stream Controller and the BAR Network Client. Extensive logging information is typically only useful for support personnel when gathering information about a reported problem.
- Default. Enables minimal logging. Provides only error messages.
- Adds warning messages to error message logging.
- Adds informational messages to warning and error message logging.
- Full logging. All messages, including debug, are sent to the job log. This setting can affect performance.
Delete Retired Jobs Delete Retired Jobs determines the time period before retired jobs are deleted.
- Number of days from the date a job is retired to wait before deleting the job.
- Prevents deletion of retired jobs.
- Click Apply.