Importance is a ranking assigned to each statistic that enables the Teradata Database to order COLLECT STATISTICS statements when a collect list is generated for a collect job. When the Teradata Database automatically assigns the ranking it is called system importance. However, you can override the ranking of the statements and set it to low, medium, high, critical, or none by specifying the user importance.
- From the Statistics tab, select a database row.
- Select an object row. The Statistics view appears.
Do one of the following to edit the importance:
- Click next to the statistic and click Edit User Importance.
- Click the Table Actions list, and click Edit User Importance.
- Click the statistic and click .
- Select an option from the User importance list.
- Click OK. View the updated ranking on the Statistic details tab in the Statistic Details view or in the User Importance column of the Statistics view.