The Teradata Viewpoint Administrator or Teradata System Administrator must define a login configuration before you can create an action set that runs a BTEQ script or a SQL action.
A login configuration must be enabled before BTEQ scripts or SQL queries in an action set may be executed.
- From the Setup Options list, click Delivery Settings.
- From the Authentication list, click Teradata Login.
From the Teradata Login list, do one of the following:
- To add a login configuration, click .
- To copy a login configuration, click next to the login configuration you want to copy.
- To edit a login configuration, click the login configuration name.
- Enter the TDPID of the Teradata Database you want to log in to. The BTEQ scripts and SQL queries you provide as alert actions run against the TDPID you specify.
- Select the Enable check box to enable the login configuration.
- Under Login, enter a Username and associated Password to be used for BTEQ and SQL actions. Account String is optional.
[Optional] For BTEQ, enter BTEQ Authentication Options.
- Logmech Name is the name of the login mechanism.
- Logmech Data is the login parameters or credentials associated with the selected login mechanism.
- For SQL, under JDBC Authentication Options, select the Logmech Name from the list. Login mechanism data is automatically generated from the user name and password, if necessary.
- Select the Session Character Set from the list.
[Optional] To test the Teradata login:
- Select the login configuration you want to test from the Test Teradata Logon list. If the host name is known, it is displayed.
- Click Test to verify that the alert service can execute the login.
If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears.
- If a JDBC login fails, verify that the alert service is running properly on the Viewpoint server.
- If a BTEQ login fails, verify that the Teradata Notification Service is running properly on the Windows or Linux server where it was installed. In addition, examine the cam.properties file (Linux: /etc/opt/teradata/cam/cam.properties, Windows: C:\etc\opt\teradata\cam\cam.properties) to make sure that the cam.activemq.host property is set to the hostname of the Viewpoint server.
- Click Apply.