Teradata Aster Analytics on AWS can be used in different ways when a powerful relational database solution is needed in the public cloud.
- Analytics Sandbox
- A short-lived, flexible, and evolving analytic environment that can be easily stood up, evolved, scaled, and shut down based on discovery, development, and testing needs.
- Backup, Archive, and Restore
- Migrating a portion of your BAR operations to the cloud can reduce hardware and maintenance costs and convert capital expenses to operating expenses. Most solutions include a combination of on-premises and cloud storage based on the need to restore from the backup.
- Database Conversions
- Migrate from a third-party database to Aster, focusing on automatically inventorying, capturing, and recreating data structures on Aster and the SQL code conversion.
- Migrate workloads from on-premises to the cloud in total or in part. Migrations include establishing the environment and an initial historical data load/port.
- Persistent Test and Development
- Stand up a persistent and scalable environment for developing and testing solutions prior to deploying into production. The test and development environment typically includes the other ecosystem components running in your production environment.
For more information, see http://www.teradata.com/products-and-services/analytics-from-aster-overview.