In a multi-system configuration:
- All systems must be running the same version of SMWeb Services (11.01 or later for 6750H/HX ) .
- All server management switches in individual systems are joined together in a single server management domain.
- The multi-system configuration has a single server management Site ID.
Nodes in all multi-system configurations share the BYNET V5 InfiniBand switches.
Each system in a multi-system configuration is assigned a unique system name. For example:
- One system name is assigned to each Teradata Database node and disk array in a Teradata system.
- Another system name is assigned to the nodes in an Aster cluster.
- Another system name is assigned to the nodes in a Hadoop cluster.
Shared system components (collectives and cabinets, VMSs, BYNET V5 InfiniBand switches, server management switches, and TMSs) are not assigned system names.
Contact Teradata Customer Support to verify which Teradata, Aster, and Hadoop systems are valid in multi-system configurations, such as a Unified Data Architecture (UDA) environment.