You can assign roles to an existing Teradata Viewpoint user account. If your Teradata Viewpoint portal is configured to use auto-provisioning, a user account is created automatically the first time a user logs on to Teradata Viewpoint. By default, auto-provisioned accounts are authenticated externally and assigned a default role. The LDAP authentication source and default role are set in the LDAP Servers portlet.
When assigning multiple roles to the same user, you can set role priority.
- From the Users view, browse the list of users or use the filters to find users.
- Click a user name.
- Click the Roles tab. Available roles are listed in the Available Roles pane. Roles assigned to the user are shown in the Selected Roles pane.
- Select a role from the Available Roles pane or select multiple roles by pressing Shift or Ctrl.
- Click . The selected roles appear in the Selected Roles pane.
- [Optional] Change the role priority to be applied to the default portlet settings for a role when a user is assigned multiple roles. For more information, see Setting the Priority of Default Portlet Settings for a Role.
- Click Apply.