Edit a shared page to add portlets or change portlets and portlet settings. You cannot edit the assigned role.
- From the Shared Pages portlet, click the row of the page you want to edit. The Shared page editor opens. The page name displays at the top with the role name for the shared page shown in parentheses.
[Optional] Edit the shared page by doing any of the following:
- Click Add Content to add portlets, and click Add.
- Click Page Properties to modify the settings, and click Save.
- Rearrange the portlets on the page.
- Remove portlets.
[Optional] Configure settings not accessible to users in the target role.
For example, if a role is not given access to change what columns are displayed, you can configure the settings for each portlet to display specific columns that you determine are needed by the role.
- Click .
- Configure the settings for each portlet, including, but not limited to, selecting systems.
- Click the Edit and preview button to see how the page will appear to users in the target role.
- Click Save. Changes are committed and the updated shared page appears in the summary view in the Shared Pages portlet.
Content, layout, and portlet setting changes are immediately available to users in the role. Read-only and mandatory pages automatically update the next time the user logs in or refreshes the page. Unrestricted pages must be added by the user from the add page menu in order for the user to see the updated page.