- Metrics List
- The list of metrics that can be graphed are as follows: CPU Skew, Impact CPU, I/O Skew, PJI, CPU Delta, I/O Delta, Spool, and Unnecessary I/O.
- Date-Range Slider
A slider used to control the amount of data displayed in the graph. The slider appears for longer queries.
The darker-shaded area between the slider handles represents the current date range displayed in the graph.
- Metrics Graph
- Charts selected metric for a query using Explain steps. As you mouse over the graph, information balloons display query values.
- Time Marker
A marker that pinpoints information about a query at a particular point in time. Used to rewind time in the rewind toolbar when Control Rewind is enabled. Determines the data displayed in the Snapshot and Blocked By tabs.
- Job Steps
Numbers that denote the Explain step that occurs between the dashed lines in the graph. Job steps are shown just below the graph area. Overlapping steps or steps-within-steps are not shown.
When there is not enough room to display individual steps, the numbers are grouped together. For example, you might see 1, 2, 3, 4, 8. Step 8 represents steps 5, 6, 7, and 8.
- Provides important query details on the Overview , SQL , Explain , Blocked By , and Snapshot tabs.
- Query Details
- Displays details of the selected query in sections that are specific to each tab.
- Allows you to move through sessions without returning to the summary table.
- Time Frame
- Displays the date and time duration of the query.
- Skyline blocks represent a metric over the duration of the designated query step. For Impact CPU this metric is the average Delta CPU. For Unnecessary I/O it is the average Delta IO. No other metrics display skyline data.
The details view displays a graph, statistics, and information about a selected query. Choose a metric from the metrics list to display one query as a line graph.