The monitoring service uses SSH connections to the servers it monitors and JDBC to monitor the Data Mover repositories. The command can take a few minutes to complete and does the following:
- Sets up the SSH logons for the monitoring services so that the services can log on without a password to the monitored servers.
- Sets up and stores the usernames and passwords for the designated-active and standby repositories.
- Sets up ActiveMQ authentication for the designated-active and standby ActiveMQ, daemon, agents, and REST servers.
- Configures and activates the synchronization service from the designated-active to the designated-standby repository.
- Configures and starts the designated-active daemon, agents, REST, bundled DSA, and designated-active sync monitor service in active mode.
- Starts the monitoring service on local.monitor.host to monitor the local Data Mover components.
Log on to the designated-active daemon server and edit the /etc/opt/teradata/datamover/failover.properties file for your system.
For details about the Failover.properties file, see Failover.properties File
Run the following command as root:
./dmcluster configIn a default installation, the active repository host is the same as the active daemon host and the standby repository host is the same as the standby daemon host.