Teradata Data Stream Architecture (DSA) is bundled in two components: Data Stream Utility (DSU) and Data Stream Extensions (DSE).
- DSE supports third-party backup applications such as Symantec NetBackup.
- DSU supports backup solutions, including disk file systems and EMC Data Domain DD Boost storage devices, but not third-party backup applications.
New features for DSA 16.00 include:
- Ability to manage multiple DSCs from one Viewpoint portlet
- Allow the skipping of statistics collection for Backup/Restore jobs
- Allow global password change at the system level
- Allow an object map to different database at restore job level
- Allow tracking empty tables at backup
- Allow adjusting concurrent build per table at restore time
- Support down AMP backup and restore