Prerequisite You must have a site ID to configure or test Teradata ServiceConnect.
[Enterprise, Advanced, Base tiers only] Teradata ServiceConnect allows Teradata Services to connect to your site. Use the Server Management portlet in Teradata Viewpoint to configure ServiceConnect.
- Open a Teradata Services incident with a synopsis of Validation Request for Teradata Server Management on Azure Teradata Configuration.Teradata Services obtains permission to access your Azure configuration, confirms that connectivity is functioning, and closes the incident.This process can take up to five days.
- From the Azure portal, note the private IP address of the first CMIC.
- Open a browser and go to the Web Client.
https://<hostname or the IP address CMIC>:9981Any CMIC can be used.
- In the Web Client, select .
- Verify the SiteID and update as needed.
- Click Configure. The following occurs:
When ServiceConnect is not configured on a CMIC, you will see the Configure button. After the first ServiceConnect gateway is configured, the Add Gateway button appears, allowing you to add more gateways to your configuration.
- CMIC is selected to have gateways configured.
- The connection is tested on each CMIC to make sure the Axeda Enterprise can be reached.
- File uploads are tested by running commands to generate files.
- If unable to reach the Axeda Enterprise, you will see a red indicator letting you know there is no connection. This is most likely because the CMIC does not have a network path to the Enterprise. You can choose to resolve this now, or remove any non-functional gateways.
- When one or more gateways have been configured, you can do the following:
- Add a new gateway
- Delete, modify, or test the connection on an existing gateway
- Test file uploads
- Configure other settings: