InfiniBand Network Topology for a Maximum 36-Node System
- Consists of one or more appliance cabinets, a VMS with SWS VM, plus additional (optional) Platform Framework Cabinets.
- Scalable up to 36 nodes and TMSs in any combination.
- Two 36-port InfiniBand switches in the base cabinet provide redundant InfiniBand networks (Network-0 and Network-1). Both switches reside in the base cabinet.
- Each processing node contains a dual port InfiniBand adapter that connects to the InfiniBand switches in the base cabinet. A TMS may contain a dual port InfiniBand adapter that connects to the switches.
- Individual optical InfiniBand cables are used to connect nodes in expansion cabinets to the InfiniBand switches in the base cabinet.
- For port-to-port cabling, see the appropriate Hardware Installation Guide.