In a multi-system configuration:
- All systems must be running the same version of SMWeb Services (11.01 or later) .
- All server management switches in individual systems are joined together in a single server management domain.
- The multi-system configuration has a single server management Site ID.
Nodes in all multi-system configurations share the InfiniBand switches.
Each system in a multi-system configuration is assigned a unique system name. For example:
- One system name is assigned to each Teradata Database node and disk array in a Teradata system.
- Another system name is assigned to the nodes in an Aster cluster.
- Another system name is assigned to the nodes in a Hadoop cluster.
Shared system components (collectives and cabinets, VMSs, InfiniBand switches, server management switches, and TMSs) are not assigned system names.
Multi-System Configuration with Multiple Aster and Hadoop Clusters
Contact Teradata Customer Support to verify which Teradata, Aster, and Hadoop systems are valid in multi-system configurations, such as a Unified Data Architecture (UDA) environment.