The monitoring service uses SSH connections to the servers it monitors and JDBC to monitor the Data Mover repositories. The command may take a few minutes to complete and does the following:
- Sets up the SSH logons for the monitoring services so that the services can log on without a password to the monitored servers.
- Sets up and stores the usernames and passwords for the active and standby repositories.
- Configures and starts the local daemon, agents, and local sync service in active mode.
- Starts the remote sync service in standby mode.
- Starts the monitoring service on local.monitor.host to monitor the local Data Mover components.
- Log on to the active daemon server and edit the /etc/opt/teradata/datamover/failover.properties file for your system. For details about the Failover.properties file, see Failover.properties File
- Run the following command as root:./dmcluster configIn a default installation, the active repository host is the same as the active daemon host and the standby repository host is the same as the standby daemon host.