- Each cabinet represents a collective.
- Separate primary and secondary paths ensure network redundancy.
- The path for the primary Server Management network runs:
From the following: To the following primary Ethernet switches: System VMS Cabinet 1 Primary Ethernet switch in cabinet 1 Cabinets 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6
- The path for the secondary network runs:
From the following: To the following secondary Ethernet switches: System VMS Cabinet 2 Secondary Ethernet switch in cabinet 2 Cabinets 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6
- If the system is included in a UDA environment, ports are reserved on the primary and secondary Server Management switches for UDA connections to the other system or systems in the UDA environment.