A tosql routine transforms a predefined data type to a UDT.
The tosql transform routines are generally used by utilities such as FastLoad to convert incoming client data directly into its corresponding UDT data type in the database.
- The tosql transform routine can only be a UDF.
methods are not valid.
- The tosql UDF transform routine must be defined as DETERMINISTIC.
- The tosql UDF transform routine must have one and only one declared parameter, which must be a predefined data type.
The RESULT data type must be the UDT.
- The tosql UDF transform routine must be contained within the SYSUDTLIB database.
- If you declare both a tosql transform routine and a fromsql routine, then the declared parameter data type of the tosql routine must be identical to the RESULT data type of the fromsql routine.