- Select .
- Choose one of the following:
Option Action Create new Select Create New. Edit existing Select the attribute name.
- On the Attributes page, complete Name, Keyname, and optional Description.
- Select the Attribute Type.
- Select an Attribute Group.The attribute inherits its owner from the group selection.
- [Optional] Select the following advanced options for the attribute:
Setting Description Allow multiple values Select if the attribute can contain more than one value in a comma-separated array.
Discrete values are not used for criteria.
Prohibit third-party override Select to prevent a third-party profile value from populating this attribute’s value.
This setting is available for all attributes, because any attribute could be generated or inferred/unmapped from a third-party profile. When Prohibit third-party override is checked, the third-party profile value is never used.
The value for the attribute must come from the attribute default value or come to Vantage CX from the channel.
Save as Part of Contact History Select to persist the data as part of the session history.
This option is available for personalization and decision attributes owned by either a channel or message strategy.
Save as Part of Customer Event History Select to store the customer event data into the database.
This option is available only for Complex attributes.
Save to Customer Profile Select to store the customer profile information into the database.
The application lodas this data when the customer initiates a new session.
- On the Values page, select a Value Type. The value can either be a default value for the attribute or a value specified for the attribute when you link the attribute to a channel or message. You can specify both values, but you must specify at least one.
- Specify if this Is a lookup attribute.
Value Description No Includes static values. These are the only values available when the attribute belongs to a complex attribute group.
- URL: https:// is required when creating URL decision attributes
- Image: Type a valid URL for a graphic with the extension jpg, jpeg, gif, or png.
Yes Available for simple attributes only. Lookup value type lets you create a list; the value for the attribute must be one (and only one) of the items in the list. Lookups have the same data types as standard attributes, except that Boolean is not an option.When used in a message, you can select only values defined in this list. When used in a rule, you can define your own value that is outside the list by using the operator Includes.
When you select a Lookup value type, an expandable list of values is displayed. By default, one field appears. Select + to add more fields. The values you type in these fields appear in the attribute drop-down list wherever the attribute is used. The attribute value is restricted to one of these values (except in criteria). There is no default value.
- Enter a Default Value or Lookup Value.
- Select Save.Because attributes, attribute groups, and objectives are not environment specific, you can only delete them if they are not used in any of the three (Development, QA, or Production) environments.
Personalization and decision attributes must belong to an attribute group. Make sure you have at least one attribute group before creating a new attribute. See Creating or Editing Attribute Groups.