Make sure the DSC is up and running before installing DSA Network Client (ClientHandler).
The BARNC [DSA Network Client (ClientHandler)] process queries the broker (ActiveMQ) for the existing DSC instances pointing to the broker. If the DSC is not running, autodiscovery fails.
You can specify the base directory (base_dir) for the ClientHandler installation. It is installed here:
- If you are upgrading from DSA 16.20.00.02 or earlier to DSA 16.20.00.03 or later, you must remove the installed AXM packages before reinstalling ClientHandler.
- Get a list of the installed packages: rpm -qa | grep AXM
- Remove each package: rpm -e nameofpackage
- On the DSC server, verify that the DSC is up and running./etc/init.d/dsc status
- On the ClientHandler server, extract the script rpm file:tar zxvf ClientHandler_slesxx_arch.xx.xx.xx.xx-######.tar.gz
where slesxx is the OS, arch is the architecture, xx.xx.xx.xx is the version number, and ###### is a unique numberA directory with the format ClientHandler.xx.xx.xx.xx is extracted in the current working directory.
- Change to the ClientHandler.xx.xx.xx.xx directory.
- Run the installation script../clienthandler_install.sh -r ClientHandler-xx.xx.xx.xx-######.rpm
- Enter values for ClientHandler.For an upgrade, the previous settings are displayed and can be changed.
ClientHandler Prompts Description and Default Values Enter the base directory base_dir/teradata/client/version/dsa ActiveMQ Broker Host Name and Port Hostname or IP address of the machine running the ActiveMQ broker and port number on the server where the ActiveMQ broker is listening (61616 for tcp, 61617 for ssl). Default: 61616
Usually the DSC server, the format is: hostname:port, for example dsc1:61616
You can enter multiple hostnames and ports. Press Enter when done to continue.
ActiveMQ Connection Type of ActiveMQ connection (tcp or ssl). If tcp is chosen, the ActiveMQ connection is validated during install. If ssl is chosen, the ActiveMQ (jms ssl) password should match the DSA REST API https password. Default: tcp Filepath of SSL truststore If you are using SSL, enter filepath of the SSL truststore file. Default: none Filepath of SSL keystore If you are using SSL, enter filepath of the SSL keystore file. Default: none SSL Keystore Password If you are using SSL, enter the value for the client's keystore password in clear text. Default: none
If you set DSARest web services to https, the SSL Keystore password must match the DSARest keystore password.
Server ID Unique Server ID for this ClientHandler. The hostname of the server is recommended. Default: hostname Is Master Server? Indicates whether this server is the CBB web service master server used in incremental job communication.All media servers defined in the target group for a Changed Block Backup (CBB) restore job must have the same web service master server, or the restore job will fail. CBB File Path The web service master uses this path, which is a shared directory required for Change Block Backup (CBB) temporary file storage during restore operations. Default: /var/opt/teradata/dsa/cbb Master Server's Hostname The hostname of the CBB web service master server used in incremental job communication. This prompt appears only if you respond No to the "Is Master Server?" prompt.
- Log off and log back in to the DSC to set the Linux environment variables.
- Verify ClientHandler is running:/etc/init.d/clienthandler status
- If necessary, repeat these steps for each ClientHandler server.
- If you have problems, run the configure script:clienthandlerConfigure.sh
|Backup Solution||Go to|
|Spectrum Protect||Installing the AXMSpectrum Package|
|Amazon S3||Installing the AXMS3 Package|
|Azure Blob||Installing the AXMAzure Package|
|Google Cloud Platform||Installing the AXMGCP Package|