The DSC repository stores all DSA data, including configuration definitions and settings, job definitions, job status, and job history. Protecting the data in the DSC repository is critical. Without the DSC repository, database backup data sets cannot be restored.
- If you are upgrading DSC to version 17.10.01.00 then make sure to upgrade Postgres to version 10.15 (SLES 11 SP3 : 10.15-0.2.24 and SLES 12 SP3 : 10.15-4.9.1) before upgrading the DSC.
- If you are upgrading DSC to version 17.20.00.00 then make sure to upgrade Postgres to version 10.17 (SLES 11 SP3 : 10.17-0.2.30 and SLES 12 SP3 : 10.17-4.16.4) before upgrading the DSC.
- If you are upgrading DSC to version 17.20.00.03 then make sure to upgrade Postgres to version 10.17 (SLES 11 SP3 : 10.17-0.2.30, SLES 12 SP3 : 10.17-4.16.4 and SLES 15 SP2: 10.17-4.16.4) before upgrading the DSC.
- If you are upgrading DSC to version 17.20.03.00 then make sure to upgrade Postgres to version 10.22 (SLES 11 SP3 : 10.22-0.2.46, SLES 12 SP3 : 10.22-4.31.1 and SLES 15 SP2: 10.22-150100.8.50) before upgrading the DSC.
It is critical to save copies of the following configuration information before you upgrade.
- The backup repository configuration
- The information required by the /tmp/dsainputs template if you are using PUT
Important: If you change the DSC name during the upgrade you must repeat the repository backup when you are done.
Use the following procedure to back up the DSC repository.
- Run the config_repository_backup command followed by the parameters to configure a target group for the DSC repository backup and schedule a DSC repository backup.
Parameter Description f|file filename The full path and name of the file containing the necessary configuration parameters. u|user_authentication User Required when security management is enabled. Supplies the command with the Viewpoint user, and triggers a password prompt for authentication.Sample XML file:
<dscRepositoryBackup dscVersion="dscVersion1" xmlns="http://schemas.teradata.com/v2012/DSC"> <!-- 'target_name' - Required, max 32 characters --> <target_name>SampleBackupRepoTargetGroup</target_name> <!-- 'frequency_value' - Required, Value between 1-4, Defaults to 1 --> <frequency_value>1</frequency_value> <!-- 'day_selection' - Required, accepted values: Su, Mo, Tu, We, Th, Fr, Sa --> <day_selection>Sa,Su</day_selection> <!-- 'start_time' - Required, Max characters 5, Values 1:00-12:00 --> <start_time>12:00</start_time> <!-- 'start_am_pm' - Required, accepted values: AM/PM --> <start_am_pm>AM</start_am_pm> </dscRepositoryBackup>
- Type dsc export_repository_backup_config -f export_repository_backup_config.xml.You need to run export_repository_backup_config every time the configuration for repository backup is changed.Keep export_repository_backup_config.xml in a safe, known location to be imported back into DSC in case of a disaster.
- Type dsc run_repository_job -t backup, and press Enter to run a DSC repository backup.The run_repository_job command can only be initiated if no operational jobs are running.