The Teradata program, DBCCICS, performs the following initialization stages:
- Establishes a routine to trap and handle interface abends.
- Enables the task end/exit routine.
- Initializes the free storage chains as specified in the control block HSHSPBC (optional).
- Loads the single-shared copy of the CLI and preprocessor runtime.
- Waits for requests to freemain memory from transactions using the interface.
- Waits for a request from DSCN to shut down the interface.
- Starts the 2PC (two-phase commit) connections to TDPs whose entry in the DBCDLT specify START = YES.