- Verify that Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 is installed on the system where you want to install the driver. You can do this by looking at installed programs from Programs and Features in Control Panel.
If the supported version is not installed, download it from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=48145.
- Download the Teradata ODBC driver for Windows from Teradata Access Portal.
Teradata recommends to use the ODBC version that matches the version of the database you connect to.
- Go to https://support.teradata.com.
- Log in.
- Download the Teradata ODBC driver for Windows from the DOWNLOADS page.
- Unzip the downloaded package downloaded_zip_file. The actual file name depends on the current offering on Teradata download website.
- Run the setup.exe in the unzipped Teradata ODBC folder, and select install ODBC Driver. An installation wizard walks you through the installation of ODBC Driver for Teradata, and automatically installs dependent packages.Install only 64-bit version of the ODBC Driver for Teradata.