Following are the steps that you can take to set up a zone for testing (a sandbox).
- A DBA with the appropriate privileges creates a database.
For information about how to create a database, see Teradata Vantage™ - Database Administration, B035-1093 and Teradata Vantage™ - SQL Data Definition Language Syntax and Examples, B035-1144.
- A DBA with CREATE ZONE privileges creates a zone with the database as its root.
CREATE ZONE zone_name ROOT root_db_name ;
- The creator of the zone creates a primary DBA from the root database.
CREATE USER DBA_user_name FROM database_name ... ;
- The creator of the zone creates zone guests from the existing users that want to test in the zone. The following SQL syntax can be used to create zone guests:
GRANT ZONE zone_name TO user_or_role_name_list ;
- The primary DBA for the zone grants the zone guests any privileges that they need to do experiments, prototyping, and so on in the sandbox zone. For example:
GRANT TABLE ON root_db_name TO list_of_sandbox_zone_users;
- When testing is completed, the zone creator should drop the zone. Before a zone can be dropped, the following tasks must be performed:
- The primary DBA should drop all zone database objects.
- The zone creator (administrator ) should revoke zone access privilege from the zone guests.
- The zone creator (administrator) should drop the primary DBA.
- The zone creator (administrator) should drop the zone root.