- Only a TDGSS package is required on Analytics Database nodes. Analytics Database requires Teradata Tools and Utilities (TTU) support and the client-side component of TDGSS is embedded in all client drivers.
- TDGSS is fully functional without further set up or configuration, when using the default Teradata authentication mechanism (TD2). For authentication and authorization requirements options, see Implementing User Authentication and Authorization.
- Review the external (non-Teradata) authentication and authorization options in Implementing User Authentication and Authorization. If you use any of the external authentication options, you may need to complete additional configuration tasks.
- Review the explanation of the TDGSS configuration files to ensure that you understand how they function. See TDGSS Configuration Files.
- Optionally use tools included with TDGSS for various security administration tasks. For a list of security-related tools, see Security Administration Tools.
For normal operation, there is no configuration requirement for the client-side component of TDGSS. All configuration steps apply only to the Analytics Database.