DBFCRQ is the Continue LOB request function of DBCHCL.
DBFCRQ is used in conjunction with DBFIRQ, to send LOB data.
How It Works
After issuing a Multipart LOB request using DBFIRQ, the application initiates a DBFCRQ to send Multipart LOB data to the server.
DBFCRQ performs the following functions:
- If the session is active, awaits completion of the active request
- Reads the continuation code given by the application in DBCAREA field 'continuation_code'
- If other than 'F', 'I', 'L' or 'C' is used, CLI returns error
- If 'C' is mentioned, then CLI will send abort parcel to the server
- If Parcel request mode is used, CLI will build Multipart data parcel and End Multipart data parcel to the server
- The data sent to the server is supplied by the application through DBCAREA field 'req_ptr'
- If buffer mode is used, CLI will send the request buffer build by the application to the server