CLI uses, either Response (PclRESP) or the KeepResponse (PclKEEPRESP) parcel to inform the server about the size of response buffer allocated to receive the response message.
- Use of 'PclRESP' or 'PclKEEPRESP' parcel is directed by the client to CLI through DBCAREA field 'keep_resp'.
- Initial buffer size that needs to be allocated by CLI for collecting the response messages is directed by the client using DBCAREA field 'resp_buf_len'.
- If this response buffer size does not fit one single response message then server sends a 'Message overflow' error (3115 or 3116) through error parcel. CLI parses this error parcel and grows its response buffer as indicated in 'info code' of error parcel.
Currently NW CLI controls the maximum limit of the response size that can directed by the client in DBCAREA field 'resp_buf_len' through another DBCAREA field 'maximum_parcel'.
- If 'maximum_parcel' is set to 'O', then 'resp_buf_len' can be set to not more than 32K.
- If 'maximum_parcel' is set to 'H', then 'resp_buf_len' can be set to not more than 64K.