When an ElicitData, ElicitFile, or ElicitName response parcel is fetched, the database requires additional information to complete the request. To provide that information, CLI performs the following steps:
- Modifies the DBCAREA.
- Set the Function to 15 (ContinueRequest).
- Set the Input CLI Session Id to the Output CLI Request Id returned when the session was established.
- Set the Input CLI Request Id to the Output CLI Request Id returned when the request was initiated.
- Set the Request Pointer field.
- Set the Request Length field.
- Optionally set the following fields:
- Fetch Buffer Length field
- Message Area Pointer field
- Message Area Length field
- Optionally set the Change Options option to 'Y', and set the following:
- C2S Conversion option
- Locate Mode option
- Maximum Parcel option
- Calls DBCHCL to perform the ContinueRequest function.
- Checks the return code from DBCHCL.
Return Code Result 0 Calls DBCHCL to perform a Fetch function to get the final status of the rewind and the first part of the response. For more information, see Fetching the Response. anything else Processes the return code and DBCAREA message.
- Calls DBCHCL to perform the End Request function. For more information, see Ending a Request.