Use the Rules module to:
- Define calculation rules using available data.
- Join sources and set how they relate using a join type.
- Define mappings from sources into a target table (Insert rule option) or into rule output parameters which can be mapped to workflow-level variables in the Workflows module (Select rule option).
- Create formulas for specific use cases.
- Filter content to a subset of data against which calculations are to operate.
- View underlying SQL.
The user has two options for creating a rule:
- Insert–Create a rule that populates a destination table.
- Select–Create a rule that returns results to one or more Output Parameters. These can be mapped in the Workflows module into workflow-level variables and used in subsequent workflow nodes for a range of purposes, for example:
- Direct workflow execution paths using conditional expressions
- Pass to variables in sub-workflows and rules
- Use in calculations in Variable nodes
Each rule is one step in a calculation that is part of an overall model.
Setting the TMODE option to TERA ensures successful retrieval of database or table lists. Otherwise, case usage when specifying table names and column names must be identical (uppercase versus lowercase). See Creating or Editing a Database Connection.