For more information on mainframe configuration, see Teradata® Director Program Reference, B035-2416 and Teradata® Tools and Utilities for IBM z/OS Installation Guide (B035-3128).
- In the node.IT.properties.json file, enter the TDP logical host ID in the LHID field.
- Add the vnodes to the appropriate MVS etc.hosts file in the following format:HOST : ipaddr : vmnameNTCI n:: ::
- IP address of the VM
- NTCI n:: ::
- Representation of a Teradata network processor (NP) name
There is no space between the VM name and the NP name. There is a space between the second and third trailing colon.The following is an example of a three-vnode system:
HOST : 18.104.22.168 : VMNAMEntci1:: :: HOST : 22.214.171.124 : VMNAMEntci2:: :: HOST : 126.96.36.199 : VMNAMEntci3:: ::
- Edit the TDP Parm file to add the NP information.The following is the syntax of a three-vnode system:
CONFIG NP DATABASE vmname CONFIG NP LHID logical host id START NP1 START NP2 START NP3
- Ping the VM from the mainframe to confirm the deployment using the following syntax:For a single-node system:
tso ping vmnameFor an MPP system, ping the individual nodes:
tso ping vmname1