PrerequisiteBefore starting, open a maintenance window to see the status of the Teradata components during the upgrade process, including data, summary alerts, and reports. For more information on using maintenance windows, see Teradata® Server Management Web Services User Guide, B035-5350.
- Download the required operating system upgrade bundles.
- Log on tohttps://support.teradata.com and browse to .
- Download the latest bundles for your operating system, if applicable, and each additional component to upgrade.Since the operating system bundle includes both important security updates and the latest version of PUT, you must separately upgrade the operating system whenever upgrading other Teradata components deployed in a virtual environment, except Server Management (CMIC).
- Download the latest Vantage on VMware upgrade bundle that corresponds to your Teradata major or minor version.
- Log on as user root to the system where you are about to upgrade.
- If the following directory does not exist, create it:/var/opt/teradata/swupgrade-source
- Transfer the downloaded upgrade bundle to /var/opt/teradata/swupgrade-source.
- Change to the PUT bin directory:/opt/teradata/TDput/bin
- Run the swupgrade -U command:The upgrade process begins, displaying progress messages until the system reboots.
- Log back on to the system and run the following command to display the log as the upgrade completes:tail -f /var/opt/teradata/TDput/fileservice/logs/swupgrade.logThe following message indicates upgrade completion: Operation completed with exit status 0
Output for the swupgrade script can be found at /var/opt/teradata/TDput/fileservice/logs/swupgrade.log
- Press Ctrl-C to exit the tail command.
- Confirm the upgrade version on the system.