A data grid control is used to select the data to display. Much like a Microsoft Excel pivot-table, the Data Grid has the following properties:
- Select — The data to be graphed can be selected by either clicking in the left upper most square of the Data Grid to select the entire data set, or holding the left mouse button down, dragging over the desired rows and releasing the mouse button. The rows highlighted will be graphed automatically.
- Sort — To sort the data in the Data Grid, click the right mouse button on any column header. The sort is always done from left to right with respect to the columns of data. Subsequent right mouse clicks toggle the sort from ascending to descending.
Pivot — Pivoting of data is accomplished by holding the left mouse button down on the column header that you wish to pivot, dragging the column to its new desired position and releasing the mouse button. The pivoted column will appear to the left of the column that it was dragged on top of.
For the Frequency analysis, the column headers can take on the following values:
- <Variable Name> — The name of the column that the Frequency analysis was executed against. When Compute Cross-tabulation or Pair-wise Frequencies Options are NOT selected, there will be a single <Variable Name> column in the Data Grid. When the Pair-wise Frequencies options is selected, there will be two <Variable Name> columns. In the case of the Compute Cross-Tabulation option, there will be one <Variable Name column for each variable selected in the analysis.
- COUNT — The number of occurrences of the variable value.
- CUMUL COUNT — The cumulative count of occurrences of the variable values. Only present if the Include cumulative measure and rank option is selected.
- RANK — The ranking of the variable values. Only present if the Include cumulative measure and rank option is selected.