- On the Association dialog box, click INPUT.
Click analysis parameters.
Association > Input > Analysis Parameters
On this screen, select:
Association Combinations — In this window, specify one or more association combinations in the format of “X TO Y”, where the sum of X and Y must not exceed a total of 10.
- Select an “X TO Y” combination from the drop-down lists:Association: X to X
- Click Add to add this combination to the window. Repeat for as many combinations as needed:Association Combinations pane
If needed, remove a combination by highlighting it in the window and then clicking Remove.
- Select an “X TO Y” combination from the drop-down lists:
- Perform All Steps — Execute the entire Association/Sequence analysis, regardless of result sets generated from a previous execution.
- Perform Support Calculation Only — To determine the minimum support value to use, the user may choose to only build the single-item support table by using this option, making it possible to stop and examine the table before proceeding.
- Recalculate Final Affinities Only — Rebuild just the final association tables using support tables from a previous run provided that intermediate work tables were not dropped (see Drop All Support Tables After Execution option below).
Auto-Calculate group count — By default, the algorithm automatically determines the actual input count.
- Force Group Count To — If the Auto-Calculate group count is disabled, this option can be used to fix the number of groups, overriding the actual input count. This is useful in conjunction with the Reduced Input Options, to set the group count to the group count in the original data set, rather than the reduced input data set.
- Drop All Support Tables After Execution — Normally, the Association analysis temporarily builds the support tables, dropping them prior to termination. If, for performance reasons, it is desired to use the Recalculate Final Affinities Only option, this option can be disabled so that this cleanup of support tables does not happen.
- Minimum Support — The minimum Support value that the association must have in order to be reported. Using this option reduces the input data - this can be saved for further processing using the Reduced Input Options. Using this option also invokes list-wise deletion, automatically removing from processing (and from the reduced input data) all rows containing a null Group, Item or Sequence column.
- Minimum Confidence — The minimum Confidence value that the association must have in order to be reported.
- Minimum Lift — The minimum Lift value that the association must have in order to be reported.
- Minimum Z-Score — The minimum absolute Z-Score value that the association must have in order to be reported.
Sequence Options — If a column is specified with the Sequence Column option, then the following two Sequence Options are enabled. Note that Sequence Analysis is not available when Hierarchy Information is specified:
- Use Relaxed Ordering — With this option, the items on each side of the association rule may be in any sequence provided all the left items (antecedents) precede all the right items (precedents).
Auto-Calculate Ordering Probability — Sequence analysis option to let the algorithm calculate the “probability of correct ordering” according to the principles described in Sequence Analysis. The following option to set “Ordering Probability” to a chosen value is only available if this option is unchecked.
- Ordering Probability — Sequence analysis option to set probability of correct ordering to a non-zero constant value between 0 and 1. Setting it to a 1 effectively ignores this principle in calculating lift and Z-score.
- Association Combinations — In this window, specify one or more association combinations in the format of “X TO Y”, where the sum of X and Y must not exceed a total of 10.