- Open the BAR Setup portlet.
- Under DSC Servers, select your DSC server.
- From the Categories list, click General.
- Under General System Details, edit or view the following:
Setting Description DSC Server Name View only.
To change the DSC Server Name, see Changing the DSC Server Name.
Enable DSC server Check or uncheck as needed. Broker IP/Host View only.Important: To edit this value, remove and then re-add the DSC Server. Do not edit the value here. See Removing a DSC Server and Enabling or Adding a DSC Server. Broker Port View only.Important: To edit this value, remove and then re-add the DSC Server. Do not edit the value here. See Removing a DSC Server and Enabling or Adding a DSC Server. Broker Connectivity View only.
To switch between TCP and SSL, see Toggling SSL or TCP after Installation.
Security Management Require Teradata Viewpoint authentication on the DSA command-line interface. If checked, a user submitting certain commands from the command-line interface must enter a valid Teradata Viewpoint user name and password. BAR Logging Level of BAR log information to display for the Data Stream Controller and the BAR Network Client. Extensive logging information is typically only useful for support personnel when gathering information about a reported problem.
- Default. Enables minimal logging. Provides only error messages.
- Adds warning messages to error message logging.
- Adds informational messages to warning and error message logging.
- Full logging. All messages, including debug, are sent to the job log. This setting can affect performance.
Delete Retired Jobs Delete Retired Jobs determines the time period before retired jobs are deleted.
- Number of days from the date a job is retired to wait before deleting the job.
- Prevents deletion of retired jobs.