When using a NetBackup server to back up and restore data, you must add and configure the NetBackup server using the BAR Setup portlet.
NetBackup policies are tied to media servers during the target group configuration. It is important that the policies entered for your NetBackup configuration coincide with the policies intended for the media server configuration mapped as a target. See config_nbu.
- Under DSC Servers, select your DSC server.
- Under Categories, select Backup Solutions.
- From the Solutions list, click NetBackup.
- Click next to Servers.
- Under NetBackup Details, enter the following:
Option Description Nickname Alphanumeric characters and underscores, but no spaces. Server Name (IP/DNS) Server IP address or DNS
- Under Media Server and Policies, select the Media Server. You can only select media servers with AXMNetBackup installed.
- If the Discover Policies button is disabled, click Apply to enable it.
- Click Discover Policies.
- Select a Policy Name and enter the number of Storage Devices.
- Click to add additional policies.
- Click Apply.