The export_job_metadata command exports metadata of a job (job definition, save sets, and targets) based on the requested backup version. In the case of a disaster to the DSC repository, exporting and then importing job metadata enables job migration and restoration to a different DSA environment.
- Job definition
- Save sets
export_job_metadata -n|-name Name -d|-directory DirectoryPath -v|-backup_version BackupVersion -t|-type Type -u|-user_authentication User
dsc export_job_metadata -n job1 -v latest
- n|name Name
- The name of the job on which to perform the action. Must be unique for each job.
- Example: job1
- d|directory DirectoryPath
- [Optional] Directory where the files are exported to or imported from.
- Example: var/opt/dsa
- v|backup_version BackupVersion
- [Optional] Backup version number. Enter latest or 0 for the latest save set.
- Example: latest
- t|type Type
- [Optional] The type of job metadata. You may enter JOB (for the job definition), SAVESET, or TARGET. If no value is specified, all three types of metadata are included.
- Example: JOB
- u|user_authentication User
- Required when security management is enabled. Supplies the command with the Viewpoint user, and triggers a password prompt for authentication.
Permissions required: User role
When the export_job_metadata or import_job_metadata command is running, no other operations or commands can run at the same time. In addition, export_job_metadata and import_job_metadata cannot run if an operational job or repository job is running.
XML File Example
This command does not support an XML file.