Beginning with Analytics Database 16.20 Update 2, DSA allows incremental restores (IR) using delta and cumulative backup save sets. The primary use case for this feature is for keeping two systems in sync; for example, regular and disaster recovery systems. Incremental restore allows a delta or cumulative backup to be restored without including a full backup in the same restore job. This feature reduces restore time compared to the standard change block implementation of only allowing full restores. To prevent corruption and keep the systems in sync, incremental restore leaves the table in a read-only state.
Requirements for Incremental Restore
- Analytics Database 16.20 Update 2
- Both the source and target database must have incremental restore enabled.Important: Teradata Support must enable incremental restore on the databases.
- Both the backup and the restore job must have incremental restore enabled.
Options for Incremental Restore
- Next incremental restore: Restores the next save set after the last one that was restored.
- Specify a version (Full): Restores from the selected save set to the last full save set.
- Latest version (Full): Standard CBB restore, from the last available CBB save set to the last full backup.