When using a DD Boost server to back up and restore data, you must add and configure the DD Boost server using the BAR Setup portlet.
DD Boost storage units are tied to media servers during the target group configuration. It is important that the storage units entered for your configuration coincide with the storage units intended for the media server and device configuration mapped as a target.
- Under DSC Servers, select your DSC server.
- Under Categories, select Backup Solutions.
- From the Solutions list, click DD Boost.
- Click next to Servers.
- Under DD Boost Details, enter the following:
Option Description Nickname Alphanumeric characters and underscores, but no spaces Server Name (IP/DNS) Server IP address or DNS User / Password Data domain DD Boost credentials Storage unit name Name must match a data domain storage unit intended for the media server and device configuration mapped as a target.DSC does not support the same storage unit name across different DD Boost servers. Max number of open files Maximum number of open files allowed
- Click after Max number of open files to add more storage units.
- Click Apply.