- Media servers
- Backup solutions; such as, Disk File System (including Spectrum Protect), NetBackup, DD Boost, Amazon S3, Azure Blob
- Hardware and software groups to use as targets for backup and restore operations
- Logical mappings between different target groups for restoring to different client configurations
- Automatic backup schedule for the DSC repository
- Custom alerts (the Alert Setup portlet is used in addition to the BAR Setup portlet to configure the alerts)
Beginning with DSA 16.10, nodes are configured through autodiscovery. You can view the node information but changing the node configuration is not allowed.
After the configuration is complete, the BAR Setup portlet employs the DSC Repository to save all of your configuration settings. These configured systems, media servers, backup solutions, and target groups are available for use in backup, restore, and analyze jobs. You can view the alerts that you configure in the BAR Setup and Alert Setup portlets through text, email, and the Alert Viewer portlet.