Load BLOB/CLOB/JSON data from files in the deferred mode into a Teradata table.
For detailed information on deferred LOB/JSON processing, see the Teradata Parallel Transporter Reference (B035-2436).
Data Flow Diagram
The following figure shows a diagram of the job elements for Job Example 3.
For the sample script that corresponds to this job, see the following scripts in the sample/userguide directory:
- PTS00006: Loading BLOB and BLOB Data into Teradata Database.
- PTS00026: Loading JSON Data into Teradata Database.
This job uses:
- OS Command operator because it is the only operator that can copy a flat file from one directory to another on the client system.
- DDL operator because it can DROP work tables and CREATE target tables prior to loading
- DataConnector operator because it is the only producer operator that reads inline LOB data from external flat files.
- SQL Inserter operator as the consumer operator because it the only operator that can load BLOB/CLOB/JSON data into Teradata Database tables.