The basic workflow of the Wizard automatically creates the elements of a simple Teradata PT script. Following is a typical workflow, although variations to this flow often occur:
- Type a job name and description.
- Choose the data source.
- Choose the data destination.
- Map the source to a destination.
- Select the type of processing, such as a simple insert or upsert, instead of using the Load, Update, or Stream operators.Depending on the data source, the Teradata PT Wizard uses the DataConnector, Export, or ODBC operators to extract data.
- Generate job components.
- Run the job.
The resulting script can be rerun, edited, or copied into another script.
When scripts are run, the following output is produced and displayed in various tabs on the main window:
- Click the Job Output tab to view a short synopsis of the job run.
- Click the Job Details tab to see a detailed table listing job instances.
This table also shows the status of the running job and is updated dynamically as the job progresses.
- Click the Job Script tab to see the entire script. Each line has a line number contained in a comment.