Read transactional data from MQ or JMS and perform continuous INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE operations on one or more Teradata Database tables and optionally load an external flat file with the same data, using the Teradata PT duplicate data stream feature. In this job the Stream operation functions like the Teradata standalone utility TPump.
Data Flow Diagrams
The following figures show diagrams of the job elements for variations of Job Example 5.
Job Example PTS00009 – Read Transactional Data from JMS and Load Using the Stream Operator
Job Example PTS00010 – Read Transactional Data from MQ and Load Using the Stream Operator
Job Example PTS00011 – Read Transactional Data from JMS or MQ Simultaneously and Load the Data to a Teradata Database and a Backup File
For the sample scripts that correspond to the three variations of this job, see the following scripts in the sample/user guide directory:
- PTS00009: Continuous Loading of Transactional Data from MQ.
- PTS00010: Continuous Loading of Transactional Data from JMS.
- PTS00011: Intermediate File Logging Using Multiple APPLY Clauses with Continuous Loading of Transactional Data from Different Access Modules.
This job uses:
- DataConnector operator as both the producer operator and one of the two consumer operators because:
- It is the only producer operator that can read data from an access module.
- It is the only consumer operator that can write data to an external file.
- Stream operator because it can perform INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE operations on up to 127 new or pre-existing Teradata Database tables, while queries are performed on the tables.
- Multiple APPLY statements to apply data from the producer operator to two different consumer operators, loading data into both a Teradata Database and an external flat file.